Last year, one of my most popular posts were Lime and Mint marinated strawberries. Not only was it one of my first posts, but also one of the most searched for during the year. The strawberries are so easy to make, but they are absolutely delicious. Even though I’ve been spoiled the past two years being able to eat strawberries year around, there’s nothing that beats the Swedish strawberries. They’re so sweet and small and juicy. So try this easy lemon twist on the strawberries instead, and enjoy the beginning of the summer!
Recipe / Recept
Strawberries / Jordgubbar
1 lemon / 1 citron
about 10 mint leave / ca 10 blad mynta
sugar / socker
1. Slice the strawberries. / Skiva jordgubbarna.
2. Grate the zest of the lemon. / Riv skalvet på citronen.
3. Cut the mint leaves in small pieces. / Skär myntan i små bitar.
4. Mix the strawberries with the zest and mint, and squeeze a little lemon juice in. / Blanda jordgubbarna med citronskalet och lite mynta, pressa i lite citron.
5. Add a little sugar. / Lägg i lite socker.
6. Let marinate for about 1 hour. / Låt marinera i ca 1 timme.
7. Done! / Klart!