There’s no summer in Sweden yet, it’s July 2nd and the rain is still poring down. Although, they are promising better weather and especially more summery weather during the weekend. The only good thing about the weather being more like a rainy october day is that there’s lots of time for cooking. This dish is perfect when having guests over, since it’s both hearty, delicious and easy. You can prepare the pesto in advance, and the meal will be done in the same amount of time as the pasta is cooking.
But, let’s talk about scallops for a while. Scallops are sooo delicious, but it’s important to not over cook them. A food like scallops is nothing you eat everyday, and therefore it’s worth being a little more attentive in order to cook them in the right way. Well, the “right” way will probably vary from person to person. My way of cooking them is by seasoning with salt and pepper and then quickly turn them in a pan on high heat with butter in. Only about 1 minute on each side, and then let them rest. Mmm….
Recipe / Recept
12 ounzes of pasta / 500 g pasta
Avocado / Avokado
Tomatoes / Tomater
Pine nuts / Pinjenötter
Parmesan cheese / Parmesan ost
Scallops / Pilgrimsmusslor
1. Start by making the pesto. / Börja med att göra peston.
2. Cook the pasta. / Koka pastan.
3. Meanwhile, slice the avocado and tomatoes. / Undertiden, skiva avokado och tomater.
4. Sear the scallops; season and put the stove on high heat. Melt butter in a pan and cook about 1 min on each side. / Stek pilgrimsmusslorna; sätt spisen på hög värme och låt smöret smälta. Krydda pilgrimsmusslorna och stek ca 1 min på varje sida.
5. Mix the pasta with the pesto. / Blanda pastan med peston.
6. Top of with tomatoes, avocado, scallops, pine nuts, avocado and parmesan. / Toppa med tomater, avokado, pilgrimsmusslor, pinjenötter och parmesan.
7. Done! / Klart!