I’m not the biggest fan of pie, although, I’m very fond of the pie crumble dough. It’s amazingly delicious. A while back, I had a slight obsession with the TV show “cake boss” (guilty pleasure…) and in one episode the bake crumb-cake. It looked amazing, since it was like a soft cake but with pie crumbles. I’ve been wanting to try for a while, but haven’t come around to do it. The other day we had some beautiful peaches at home, and I decided to try to make an Ina Crumb Cake, a little different, but delicious. The bottom layer was moist and juicy, the peaces added sweetness and the crumbs were crispy and added texture. A hit that I’ll definitely make again!
Recipe / Recept
Cake / Kaka
2 eggs / 2 ägg
0.8 cups of sugar / 2 dl socker
0.8 cups of flour / 2 dl mjöl
a little more than 3 ounces of butter / lite mer än 90 g smör
1 tsp of lemon zest / 1 tsk citronskal
0.5 tsp of vanilla extract / 0.5 tsk vaniljsocker
Peaches / persikor
Crumbs / Smuldeg
3.5 ounces of butter / 100 g smör
0.4 cups of oats / 1 dl havregryn
2 tbsp of sugar / 2 msk socker
1 tsp of cardamom / 1 tsk kardemumma
0.2 cups of flour / 1 dl mjöl
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. / Sätt ugnen på 175 grader.
2. Butter a springform. / Smöra och bröa en spring form.
3. Mix all the ingredients for the cake. / Blanda alla ingredienser till kakan.
4. In a food processor, mix together the crumbs. / I en mixer, mixa ihop smuldegen.
5. Put the cake batter in the bottom. / Häll i smeten i formen.
6. Cut the peaches in slices. / Skiva persikorna.
7. Add the peaches on top of the batter. / Lägg persikorna på toppen av smeten.
8. Distribute the crumbs. / Fördela smuldegen.
9. Bake in the oven for about 25 min, or until a little golden on top. / Grädda i ca 25 min, eller tills den blivit lite gyllene på toppen.
10. Let cool, serve with whipped cream. / Låt svalna, servera med vispad grädde.
11. Done! / Klart!