In Sweden, there’s a concept of having a taco-friday. It is just what it sounds like, tacos for dinner on fridays. The Swedish Mexican cuisine scene is not at all that developed. We usually use ground beef for the tacos and top them off with very friendly (i.e mild) toppings. If you are Swedish and wanna spice your taco friday up, try quesadillas. If you aren’t Swedish but love Mexican food, here’s a recipe for you too!
Here’s a fun way to make homemade Quesadillas; In the waffle maker! Maybe not what you would’ve thought of at first, but it’s both practical and delicious! There are no particular ingredient amounts to this recipe – it depends on how many you are making, but this was what I put on mine. Serve with your favorite toppings, salsa, guacamole, sour cream or whatever you feel like!
Recipe / Recept
Tortilla breads / Tortilla bröd
Mushrooms / Champinjoner
Garlic / Vitlök
Salsa / Salsa
Red onion / Röd lök
Cheese / Ost
Red pepper / röd paprika
1. Start by heating the waffle maker. / Hetta upp våffeljärnet.
2. Slice the mushrooms, sauté in butter with garlic. / Skiva champinjonerna, stek i smör tillsammans med vitlök.
3. Spread your toppings on one tortilla bread. / Strö ut dina toppings på ett tortilla bröd.
4. Finish of with a second bread. / Toppa med ett till bröd.
5. Cook in the waffle maker until the cheese is melted. / Grädda i våffeljärnet tills osten har smält.
6. Cut in slices. / Skär i bitar.
7. Serve with your favorite toppings. / Servera med dina favorit toppings.
8. Done! / Klart!