Chicken was definitely what I used to cook the most. Although, since my brother and his girlfriend decided to go vegetarian (with exception for fish) this was also what I started to cook more and more. As a student though, it’s easier to get cheap(er) chicken that’s still organic. Fresh, organic fish is quite expensive…. This recipe is chicken cooked with onion and bacon and boiled (!) in broth. It might seem strange, but I’ve started to really enjoy cooking chicken by boiling it. It really let’s the flavor of whatever you boil it in absorb into the meat. So here’s another chicken recipe for you – easy and quick.
Recipe (3)/ Recept (3)
2 boneless chicken breasts / 2 kyckling filéer
1 small pack of bacon in cubes / 1 litet paket bacon i kuber
2 spring onions / 2 salladslökar
water / vatten
1 stock cube / 1 buljongtärning
1. Start by cooking the bacon. / Börja med att steka bacon.
2. Chop the onion. / Hacka löken.
3. Quickly fry the onion. / Stek löken snabbt.
4. Bring water to boil. / Koka upp vatten.
5. Add the stock cube. / Tillsätt buljong tärningen.
6. Add bacon and onion. / Tillsätt bacon och lök.
7. Add the chicken. / Lägg i kyckling.
8. Reduce heat, let simmer until the chicken is cooked. / Sänk värmen, låt puttra tills kycklingen är klar.
9. Done! / Klart!