And then there was only a week left until Christmas… Time flies and yet another semester in DC has passed by, maybe the quickest one so far. In the mist of finals, there really is no time for any sort of Christmas feeling – which is sad, since december usually goes by quicker just because of that. Nonetheless, this year I’m spending the holiday’s in Florida, which comes with great light and great material for blogging…🙂 The first thing out is a lovely saffron cake that I made today – it’s really easy and the recipe comes from the Swedish master baker Leila Lindholm. I served the cake with a salad that my mom made based on oranges and pomegranate. Lots of Christmas feeling all in all, and a great way to get in the right mode. Try it!
Recipe / Recept
3 eggs / 3 ägg
1 cup of sugar / 2.5 dl socker
0.4 cups of milk / 1 dl mjölk
0.5 g of ground saffron / 0.5 gram saffran
1/2 stick of butter / 50 g smör
2 tsp of baking powder / 2 tsk bakpulver
1.4 cups of flour / 3.5 dl mjöl
a pinch of salt / en nypa salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. / Sätt ugnen på 175 grader.
2. Whisk eggs and sugar until white and fluffy. / Vispa ägg och socker tills vitt och fluffigt.
3. Heat the milk and saffron. / Värm mjölk och saffran.
4. Add butter and let the butter melt. / Lägg i smör och låt det smälta.
5. Add the milk mixture into the egg mixture. / Lägg i mjölk blandningen i äggblandningen.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients. / Lägg i resten av ingredienserna.
7. Grease a baking mold. / Smöra en form.
8. Bake for about 25 min. / Grädda i ca 25 min.
9. Let cool. / Låt svalna.
10. Done! / Klart!