As strange as it might sound, these delicious small things are called vacuum cleaners in Swedish. It’s a traditional Swedish pastry, and it looks really cute. These were not hard to make, but, a little tricky and required some patients when it came to dipping the ends in chocolate. Other than that, they’re a no-bake treat (currently working with a broken oven). The traditional one’s are green, but the marsipan can be colored in any color you like. One important thing to notice is that the taste of these are very distinct, and not everyone likes them. Although, if you do, the combo of one of these and some coffee is hard to beat.
Recipe / Recept
2 cups of sponge cake crumbles / 5 dl sockerkakssmulor
3.5 tbsp of soft butter / 50 g mjukt smör
2 large tbsp of cacao powder / 2 stora msk kako
a couple of drops of arrack essence or punch / några droppar arraksextrakt eller punsch
Marsipan / Marsipan
1 chocolate bar / 1 chokladkaka
1. Start by mixing butter, cake crumbs and arrack together. / Börja med att blanda smör, kaksmulor och arrakextrakt.
2. Mix in the cacao powder. / Blanda i kakaon.
3. Roll thin rolls of the dough. The thinner you roll the smaller the pastry. / Rulla tunna längder av degen, ju tunnare du rullar, ju mindre kan dammsugarna bli.
4. Put in the freezer. / Lägg i frysen.
5. Roll out the marsipan super thin. / Kavla ut marsipanen väldigt tunt.
6. Rap the dough rolls in marsipan. / Rulla in degen i marsipan.
7. Cut in pieces. / Skär i bitar.
8. Put in the freezer again. / Lägg i frysen igen.
9. Melt the chocolate carefully by a water bath. / Smält chokladen med hjälp av ett vattenbad.
10. Dip the ends of the vacuum cleaners in chocolate. / Doppa ändarna i chokladen.
11. Let cool. / Låt svalna.
12. Keep in the fridge. / Förvaras i kylen.
13. Done! / Klart!