Every time I make scones, I think of my mom. She was the scones “master” in our house, and it was always a really happy, and really good day when I walked down the stairs to our kitchen, and the whole kitchen smelled like scones. Now a days, there’s not as many scones baked or made, but whenever I do make them, it makes me happy. As I’ve mentioned in this post, we usually bake scones in a different way than people do in the US. Last time I baked, I used a muffin thin in order to make the scones smaller and more symmetric. I added some cinnamon to half of the dough, and some dried cranberries to the other half. The scones turned out super cute and delicious. I believe scones are the absolute best right out of the oven with butter and a cup of coffee :).
Recipe / Recept
2 cups of flour / 5 dl mjöl
2 tsp of baking powder / 2 tsk bakpulver
1 tsp of salt / 1 tsk salt
0.8 cups of milk (soy or rice works as well as regular) / 2 dl mjölk (soya eller ris funkar lika bra som vanlig)
5 tbsp of butter (about 2/3 of a stick) / 75 g smör
some cinnamon / lite kanel
some cranberries / like torkade tranbär
1. Preheat the oven to 480 F. / Sätt ugnen på 250 grader.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. / Blanda mjöl, salt och bakpulver i en bunke.
3. Add the milk. / Tillsätt mjölken.
4. Cut the butter in pieces and mix it in with your hands. / Skär smöret i bitar och blanda till en deg med hjälp av dina händer.
5. Part the dough in two. / Dela degen i två.
6. Add cinnamon to one part, and cranberries to the other. / Lägg i kanel i den ena delen och tranbär i den andra.
7. Prepare a muffin thin. / Förbered en muffinplåt.
8. Part the dough’s in 8’s (making 16 scones in total). / Dela degarna i 8. Det blir 16 scones totalt.
9. Roll into small balls and put in the thin. / Rulla små bollar och lägg i plåten.
10. Take a fork and pick on the top of the scones. / Ta en gaffel och picka på toppen av sconsen.
11. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden. / Grädda i ca 12-15 min eller tills gyllene.
12. Serve immediately. / Servera direkt.
13. Done! / Klart!