Since I bought the rose water in the store, I got a slight obsession with it…. I know that some people have a really hard time liking the taste – and it is quite special. Although, I feel like it has a luxurious feeling too it – it’s not something you would eat everyday. To bake with rose water was really fun, because the consistency of the cake came out super smooth! It’s hard to explain, but it was something that I hadn’t been able to accomplish before. On top of the cake, I made a berry and greek yoghurt frosting – but this is of course optional. I do think that you should go and buy some rose water though – you will be happily surprised!
Recipe / Recept
7 tbsp of butter / 100 g smör
1.4 cups of sugar / 3 dl socker
1 egg / 1 ägg
2 cups of flour / 5 dl mjöl
2 tsp of baking powder / 2 tsk bakpulver
1 cup of milk / 2.5 dl mjölk
1.5 tsp rose water / 1.5 tsk rosen vatten
1 cup of pureed berries (any type will do) / 2.5 dl slätt mixade bär (valfri sort)
0.5 cups of greek yoghurt / 1.75 dl yoghurt
0.4 cups of icing sugar / 1 dl florsocker
1. Preheat the oven to 340. / Sätt ugnen på 175 grader.
2. Spray a spring form with non-stick spray. / Smöra och bröa en form med löstagbara kanter.
3. Mix butter and sugar. / Vispa smör och socker.
4. Add the egg. / Tillsätt ägg.
5. Add half the flour, half the baking powder and half the milk. Mix well. / Tillsätt hälften av mjölet, bakpulvret och mjölken. Blanda.
6. Add the other halves. / Tillsätt resten.
7. Add the rose water. / Tillsätt rosen vatten.
8. Bake for about 40-45 min. / Grädda i 40-45 min.
9. Let cool. / Låt svalna.
10. Mix all the ingredients for the frosting. / Blanda alla ingredienser till frostingen.
11. Spread the frosting on the cake. / Bred på frostingen på kakan.
12. Done! / Klart!